HTSA – Examiner Column for 17.09.15 – Trevor Whitehead
The review of our membership is going well. Over 200 Life Members have now been sent membership cards through the post. Please let HTSA know if you HAVE received your card so that we know our records are correct. But, just as important, if you HAVE NOT received a membership card please get in touch and let HTSA know your current contact details. Just short of 160 supporters have renewed their HTSA membership this summer with 50 supporters choosing the ‘three year’ option.
We recently sent out a mail shot listing the number of projects that HTSA is actively engaged in on behalf of Huddersfield Town fans. If anyone is in any doubt as to what they might be getting for their £5 HTSA membership…
- A complete review of 2,400 Town fans and their contact details as they appear on the HTSA database.
- A recruitment/renewal drive which has seen over 200 membership cards posted out to Life Members.
- Campaigning on the Financial Fair Play front.
- Campaigning on the “Blackpool Front” (or should that be Promenade?) regarding refunds for Town fans.
- Attendance at Supporters Direct & Football Supporters Federation conferences.
- Preparing this column for the Examiner.
- Producing a brand new “Welcome Pack” for members.
- Museum development meetings with HTFC, Heritage Lottery Fund, Heritage Quay.
- Website and Mailchimp administration.
- Meetings with HTFC re Club Communications & Relationship.
- Attending All Together Town (Voices Panel) meetings.
- Media interviews.
- Arranging Heavy Woollen Meetings.
- Organising coaches to away games including the HTSA Travel Draw and sweepstake.
- The Seventh HTSA Annual General Meeting.
- Staffing the HTSA Cabin on match days.
- Providing advocacy for minority groups such as Young Terriers and DSC as well as individual supporters.
- Running the Examiner Weekly Draw – see below
Any Town fans who would like to support the aid workers and charities involved in the present refugee crisis might be interested in this: PLUS SCARVES APPEAL! As the winter approaches top of the list of goods refugee charities have asked for in the camps are woollens. Please send old, but clean, football scarves, hats and gloves to Philosophy Football PO Box 11140, Harwich CO12 9AP before 9th October for our Wembley to Calais convoy. Please include your name, address and email in the package. If you are supplying in bulk or have any queries about the appeal please contact us at this email address. Alternatively you can call in at the HTSA Cabin on match days and we will arrange for your donations to be packaged and sent. For updates on this major fan-led initiative follow on twitter @phil_football or look up their website: http://www.philosophyfootball.com/view_item.php?pid=1263
Today’s Free Draw number, “16564”, is worth £250 and will remain that at that level every week until someone claims it. If this is one of the three numbers printed on your current HTSA membership card (surely it’s worth ensuring that your membership is up to date?), please send details of your full name and postal address by text to 07725036109 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19:08 tomorrow, Friday 18th September. You will receive your £250 cheque by return of post. The winning number last week was “14631” and was worth £250; the holder of the winning number, D Brown, did not claim the prize.